As a part of eBay's Developer Community, you’re likely familiar with many ways you can earn money through our site. eBay Partner Network, our in-house affiliate marketing network, is another way to expand your eBay earnings.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is an online referral program where merchants pay commissions to publishers on sales generated by customers they've referred. At eBay Partner Network, we pay you, the publisher, partner or affiliate, when you bring customers to eBay.com and they make a purchase. You can learn more about affiliate marketing here.
How do I use eBay Partner Network to earn money from eBay?
First, sign up to be a part of our network, here. Then, you simply Find, Share and Earn:
- Find what you want to promote – a product, a great deal, etc. – and create a trackable link
- Share it on your website, blog, or social media post
- Earn a percentage of the revenue when the traffic you drive results in the sale
You'll earn a percentage of eBay’s revenue whenever you send someone to eBay and they make a purchase within 24-hours of the last click.
Partners earn between 50% - 70% of eBay revenue, depending on the category of item purchased, such as electronics or fashion. You can earn double commission for shoppers who are new to eBay or haven’t purchased from eBay in the past 12 months.
Need an in-depth look at how much you'll earn? Check out our rate card »
How do eBay Partner Network publishers access the eBay APIs?
Get access to the eBay APIs in just four easy steps:
- Become an eBay affiliate
- Review the API License and terms and conditions
- Join the eBay Developers Program or login
- Get your application keys » Keys are unique identifiers that tell eBay which developer and application is making a call. You can generate and retrieve your keys at any time from your My Account page.
- Run the sample application » Run this sample app to do a search on the LIVE eBay site. Your AppID has been added to the app, so just click Run. Try editing the app to do your own search!
- Find the right API for your use case This page will help you identify which API will best suit your application's functionalities.
How does eBay know the traffic is from me?
How does eBay Partner Network relate to the eBay Developers Program?
eBay Developers Program members, using eBay's APIs to power buying applications, can also join the eBay Partner Network for the potential to earn money for referring traffic to eBay. Some eBay APIs, such as the Finding API, support affiliate tracking, which is necessary to identify the traffic you drive to eBay. For example, when you submit a search request with the Finding API, using your affiliate information, such as a tracking ID, the URLs for the eBay site in your response include tracking information. When buyers follow these URLs to eBay and make purchases, you earn commissions.
Here are some APIs to get started:
- Finding API, which uses eBay’s next generation search technology to ensure relevant results for visitors browsing eBay through your site.
- Shopping API that programmatically retrieves detailed information that you would otherwise need to pull manually from eBay.com.
- Merchandising API, often used to cross-promote and up-sell eBay listings to buyers.
- New suite of Buy APIs, which enable your shoppers to checkout and track orders without visiting the eBay site.