We hope everyone is well. We want to take this time to share with you some updates that occurred within the eBay Developers Program over the last quarter (Apr - Jun 2022).
Certificate Authority and TLS Compliance migration update
The Certificate Authority switchover from DigiCert to Sectigo is now complete. The eBay Developers Program team would like to thank all of our developer partners for completing this migration!
We are also making great progress on HTTPS and TLS 1.2 (or higher) requirements, We will update you once this migration is complete.
eBay Connect 2022 scheduled for early Q4
eBay Connect 2022 is scheduled for early Q4. This will be a virtual event, and more details will follow over the coming months.
The following updates have been made to our APIs over the last few months.
Fulfillment API enhanced to return eBay Vault and new tax information
The getOrder/getOrders methods of the Fulfillment API were enhanced to display information on eBay Vault orders. The eBay Vault is a physical location where valuable (valued at or above $750) trading cards are stored. See the Using eBay Vault help page for more information.
The ebayVault container will only be displayed for eBay Vault orders, and the ebayVault.fulfillmentType field will indicate which of three eBay Vault fulfillment types will be used for the order. These fulfillment types are briefly described below:
- SELLER_TO_VAULT: Two shipment legs are required for this fulfillment type. First, the seller ships the item to an authenticator, who will test and authenticate the trading card. If the trading card is successfully authenticated, the authenticator will ship the card to eBay Vault and it will officially be owned by the buyer and stored on their behalf.
- VAULT_TO_VAULT: With this fulfillment type, the purchased trading card does not even change physical locations. It stays in the eBay Vault, but ownership transfers from seller to buyer.
- VAULT_TO_BUYER: With this fulfillment type, eBay ships the authenticated trading card from the eBay Vault to the buyer’s shipping address.
On July 1, 2022, eBay started to collect and remit sales tax (at Federal and Province level) and ‘Goods and Services’ tax on the Canada marketplace. To support this, the ebayCollectAndRemitTaxes array in the responses of the getOrder/getOrders methods were enhanced to display information on eBay Canada Collect and Remit tax and the tax applied to Digitally Delivered Goods. For Digitally Delivered Goods tax, the ebayCollectAndRemitTaxes.ebayReference.name field will be returned as
Browse API updates
The following updates were made to Browse API this quarter:
- All methods updated to retrieve Classified Ad listings in the response. The
CLASSIFIED_ADenumeration value is now supported as an option if the buyingOptions filter is used through the filter query parameter of a search or searchByImage request.
- The itemCreationDate field is now returned in the responses of getItem, getItemByLegacyId, getItems, getItemsByItemGroup, search, and searchByImage methods.
Finances API updates
The following updates were made to Finances API this quarter:
- A new feeJurisdiction container was added to the getTransactions response to provide information about three new VAT and income tax-related charges. The three tax-related fees added to FeeTypeEnum are
TAX_DEDUCTION_AT_SOURCE. The feeJurisdiction container will only be returned if one of these three
NON_SALE_CHARGEfees are applicable to the transaction.
- Motor vehicle listings that require initial deposits are now subject to a Deposit processing fee. This fee is currently 2.8% of the required deposit amount, and eBay will deduct this amount from the seller payout of the deposit funds. Whenever this deposit fee applies, the
DEPOSIT_PROCESSING_FEEvalue will get returned in the marketplaceFees.feeType for the line item.
Expanded Support of eBay Refurbished Conditions
The eBay Refurbished Condition program has expanded to numerous Electronics categories in the US, Canada (English and French), Australia, UK, Germany, France, and Italy marketplaces. The complete list of marketplaces and leaf categories that support 'Excellent - Refurbished' (Condition ID 2010), 'Very Good - Refurbished' (Condition ID 2020), and 'Good - Refurbished' (Condition ID 2030) can be found on the Category and marketplace support for the eBay Refurbished Program table in the Selling Integration Guide.
Coupon-related fields now returned in Buy Feed Beta API
The getItemSnapshotFeed method of the Buy Feed Beta API now returns seven coupon-related fields whenever a coupon is available for an item. These fields include couponRedemptionCode, a code used at checkout to apply the coupon, couponDiscountValue, that indicates the value of the coupon, and couponExpirationDate, a timestamp that indicates when the coupon expires.
Detailed order-level tax information now returned in Order v1 API
A new order-level taxDetails array was added to the responses of getCheckoutSession (and other checkout_session methods) and getPurchaseOrder. This taxDetails array itemizes and categorizes all taxes applied to the order, including Canada Collect and Remit taxes. The type of tax is shown in the taxClassificationDetails.taxType field and the taxDetails.taxClassification field indicate whether a corresponding tax applies to item cost, shipping cost, or service cost.
Support for eBay Vault added to Trading API’s order management calls
The GetOrders, GetOrderTransactions, GetItemTransactions, and GetSellerTransactions calls of the Trading API were enhanced to display information on eBay Vault orders. The eBay Vault is a physical location where valuable (valued at or above $750) trading cards are stored. See the Using eBay Vault help page for more information.
No new schema changes were added to Trading API to support eBay Vault, but the following logic changes were made:
- For ‘Vault to Vault’ and ‘Vault to Buyer’ fulfillment types, the trading card is already authenticated and at the eBay Vault, so the seller will have no responsibility for shipping. With ‘Vault to Vault’, the trading card will not even change locations, but ownership will just transfer from the seller to the buyer. With ‘Vault to Buyer’, eBay will ship the trading card to the buyer’s shipping address. Both of these fulfillment types are indicated by a value of
EBAYreturned in the Fulfillment.FulfillmentBy field, and the ShippingAddress.Name value will display as eBay Vault with a “dummy” address.
- For ‘Seller to Vault’ fulfillment type, the address of the authenticator will be shown in the Order.ShippingAddress container (only to the seller). If the buyer of the item makes a call to GetOrders, GetOrderTransactions, or GetItemTransactions, a “dummy” address will be shown in the Order.ShippingAddress container.
Max campaigns in Promoted Listing reports increased
The maximum number of Promoted Listing campaigns that can be included as part of a
CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_SUMMARY_REPORT in Sell Marketing API has increased from 10 t0 25. Promoted Listing campaigns are associated with these two report types by using the campaignIds array of the createReportTask method.
New Guides for Sell Feed API
The following two new guides are now available to instruct former Large Merchant Services and Seller Hub report users how to upload and download LMS and Seller Hub feed types.
- The LMS Feed API Guide provides all the information necessary to do bulk inventory uploads, download order reports, acknowledge orders, and all other LMS feed type capabilities through the Sell Feed API.
- The Seller Hub Feed API Guide was added to provide information on extending Seller Hub Reports programmatically through the Sell Feed API.
New locale query parameter localizes OAuth Consent page
A new locale query parameter is now available for the
GET https://auth.ebay.com/oauth2/authorize OAuth endpoint. This new query parameter will allow the developer/seller to localize the OAuth consent page based on the marketplace you're targeting. See the Configuring the HTTP query parameters section of the Getting user consent page for more information on this query parameter and using the
GET https://auth.ebay.com/oauth2/authorize OAuth endpoint.
Deprecation and Decommission updates
The following APIs/methods/fields have recently been announced as deprecated. Please see API Deprecation Status page for detailed information.
- The BuyerRequirementDetails container, used by the AddItem family of calls in the Trading API, will be decommissioned on October 7, 2022. Listing-level buyer requirements will no longer be supported, so any seller-initiated Buyer Requirements can only be set at the account level. See the API Deprecation Status page for more details
- The CharityNumber field, used by the AddItem family of calls in the Trading API, is scheduled to be decommissioned on January 15, 2023. The CharityID field should be used instead. See the API Deprecation Status page for more details
- The decommission date of the Business Policies Management API has not been officially set. As soon as Shipping Discount Profiles are added to the Fulfillment Policy methods of the Account API, a fresh decommission date should be announced. See the API Deprecation Status page for more details
The following APIs/methods/fields were recently decommissioned
- GetCategorySpecifics call of the Trading API was decommissioned on April 20, 2022. Developers can use the getItemAspectsForCategory and fetchItemAspects methods of the Taxonomy API, and the Taxonomy SDK as an alternative approach for retrieving the latest item specifics for eBay categories. Please reference the Taxonomy Migration Guide for all of the details on migrating to Taxonomy.
- The Large Merchant Services APIs (Bulk Data Exchange, File Transfer, and Merchant Data) were decommissioned on April 30, 2022. The Sell Feed API supports the same XML data files that the LMS solution supported, but jobs/tasks and file uploads and downloads are handled by REST methods instead. For more information, see the LMS Feed API Guide.
- The HitCounter and HitCount fields were decommissioned on April 30, 2022 in the Trading and Shopping APIs. In the Trading API, this change affects GetItem, GetBidderList, GetSellerList, and GetSellerEvents. For Shopping API, this change affects GetSingleItem and GetMultipleItems.
We hope everyone had a great year so far, and we are looking forward to working with the community for the rest of 2022!